HBS Queen Mary Stone
The Hampstead Garden Suburb Archives Trust is a registered charity, known as Suburb Archives. It is responsible for ensuring that the archives of the suburb are properly cared for and are accessible to all.
Originally founded by Dame Barnett in 1911 to educate poorer girls to a good standard no matter their financial background and now consistently ranks amongst the highest state schools in the country.
Queen Mary, wife of King George V, reigned from 1910-36 seeing Britain through the First World War and the rise of Nationalism and Socialism.
A series of plaques and engraved stones across the Suburb commemorating different events and figures throughout the Suburb's history.
This photo shows an engraved stone above a door on the South Wall of the Free Church, laid down by Henrietta Barnett.
This invitation was for the Royal Visit of Queen Mary to the Suburb in 1918 when she laid the foundation stone for Henritta Barnett School.
This is the programme of events from the visit of Queen Mary to the Suburb in 1918, when she laid the foundation stone in what was then known as The Barnett School. This is one of a number of visits made by her majesty to the Suburb.