Free Church Engraved Stone

To display in FULL SCREEN hover the cursor over the image above ‚Äčand click the top left zoom button


This photo shows an engraved stone above a door on the South Wall of the Free Church, laid down by Henrietta Barnett.

Photograph, HGSAT53
Free Church Engraved Stone
Related people/organisations
[BLANK]
Born in 1856 Henrietta Barnett founded the Hampstead Garden Suburb in 1906 as an area to the north of London with affordable housing and green spaces so the working clas did not have to live in the slums she experienced in Whitechapel. 

[BLANK]
The Hampstead Garden Suburb Archives Trust is a registered charity, known as Suburb Archives. It is responsible for ensuring that the archives of the suburb are properly cared for and are accessible to all.
Related Collection
[BLANK]
A series of plaques and engraved stones across the Suburb commemorating different events and figures throughout the Suburb's history.
Related objects
[BLANK]
The West End was finally completed in 1960 and was re-dedicated by Rev Andrews on September 25th 1960, also the Jubilee year of the church. The west end of the church had also been under renovation and construction for large parts of the Church's life, such as the new west door in 1938.

This engraved stone in Henrietta Barnett School, celebrating the stone being laid by Queen Mary in 1918