Plaque marking completion of the West End

To display in FULL SCREEN hover the cursor over the image above ‚Äčand click the top left zoom button


The West End was finally completed in 1960 and was re-dedicated by Rev Andrews on September 25th 1960, also the Jubilee year of the church. The west end of the church had also been under renovation and construction for large parts of the Church's life, such as the new west door in 1938.

Photograph, HGSFC29
Plaque marking completion of the West End
Related person/organisation
Early views of the free church
The Hampstead Garden Suburb Free Church, located in Central Square with St Judes Church and Henrietta Barnett School nearby. Set up in 1910 it has been active in the community for over a century.
Related Collection
Church Hall Northway
A collection of the photographs taken from the Free Church's display for its own centenary, dividing up the years by each different minister.
Related objects
Free Church West End
This postcard shows the West End of the Free Church from the 1950s. During Rev Andrews time the West End was finally completed and dedicated in 1960, matching brick replacing the temporary wooden structure.

The west side of the church was often under renovation or construction, and in 1938 a new west door was opened. Also shown here is a painting of the removal of the scaffolding from the west side in 1938.

This photo shows an engraved stone above a door on the South Wall of the Free Church, laid down by Henrietta Barnett.