Dedication of New West Door
Dedication of New West Door
Dedication of New West Door

To display in FULL SCREEN hover the cursor over the image above ‚Äčand click the top left zoom button


The west side of the church was often under renovation or construction, and in 1938 a new west door was opened. Also shown here is a painting of the removal of the scaffolding from the west side in 1938.

Photograph, HGSFC25
Dedication of New West Door
Related object
Plaque marking completion of the West End
The West End was finally completed in 1960 and was re-dedicated by Rev Andrews on September 25th 1960, also the Jubilee year of the church. The west end of the church had also been under renovation and construction for large parts of the Church's life, such as the new west door in 1938.