Visit from Queen Mary, Prince of Wales, Princess Mary 1918

To display in FULL SCREEN hover the cursor over the image above ‚Äčand click the top left zoom button


This photo shows the royal visit from Queen Mary, The Prince of Wales and Princess Mary in on March 2nd 1918.

The photo also features Countess Lytton, Lady Bertha Dawkins, Henrietta Barnett, Mr Litchfield and Mr Cooper. 

Photograph, HGSAT39
Visit from Queen Mary, Prince of Wales, Princess Mary 1918
Related people/organisations
The Hampstead Garden Suburb Archives Trust is a registered charity, known as Suburb Archives. It is responsible for ensuring that the archives of the suburb are properly cared for and are accessible to all.

Born in 1856 Henrietta Barnett founded the Hampstead Garden Suburb in 1906 as an area to the north of London with affordable housing and green spaces so the working clas did not have to live in the slums she experienced in Whitechapel. 

Queen Mary, wife of King George V, reigned from 1910-36 seeing Britain through the First World War and the rise of Nationalism and Socialism. 
Related Collection
Photos marking some of the presitgious royal visits to the Suburb including Princess Magaret, Queen Mother and Queen Mary.
Related objects
This photo shows Queen Mary leaving the opening of Queen Mary Hall in the Institute in 1924, alongside Henrietta Barnett

This photo shows the visit of Queen Mary to the suburb, standing alongside Henrietta Barnett and Lord Emmott looking out across the East End of the Suburb and the houses built for the use of Officer's Families. 

This invitation was for the Royal Visit of Queen Mary to the Suburb in 1918 when she laid the foundation stone for Henritta Barnett School. 

This is the programme of events from the visit of Queen Mary to the Suburb in 1918, when she laid the foundation stone in what was then known as The Barnett School. This is one of a number of visits made by her majesty to the Suburb.