To display in FULL SCREEN hover the cursor over the image above and click the top left zoom button
The Guild oversees local groups of women who volunteer to sew comforts and surgical items for the armed forces and clothing for the poor.
Between June-October 1915, the Guild supports the HGS Centre for War Service at the Institute (up to 60 women sew in the Music Room). When this closes, the Guild helps to establish the itinerant Garden Suburb War Hospital Supply Depot.
Many Suburb ladies sewed for charity in the Guild, but some Suburb women sewed for pin money at the Hendon Workroom for Women