Rev and Mrs Barraclough

To display in FULL SCREEN hover the cursor over the image above ‚Äčand click the top left zoom button


Rev Peter Barraclough is the longest serving minister in the Free Church's history, taking over in 1961 and sadly passing away in the post in 1992, having presided over the Free Church for over 30 years. His time brought many changes to the church including joining the United Reformed Church (which brought together the Presbytarian Church and Congregational Federation), but the Free Church still remained associated to the Baptist Union. 
In April 1978 a fire occured in the Church Hall which whilst luckily hurting no one caused large amounts of damage, but a refurbished hall was re-opened in 1980. 
And in 1988 the Free Church became twinned with Montague Reformed Church near Paris, in a link that stilll continues today with contact and exchanges. 

Photograph, HGSFC30
Rev and Mrs Barraclough
Related person/organisation
Early views of the free church
The Hampstead Garden Suburb Free Church, located in Central Square with St Judes Church and Henrietta Barnett School nearby. Set up in 1910 it has been active in the community for over a century.
Related Collection
Church Hall Northway
A collection of the photographs taken from the Free Church's display for its own centenary, dividing up the years by each different minister.