Opening of new organ 1912

To display in FULL SCREEN hover the cursor over the image above ‚Äčand click the top left zoom button


This poster shows the opening of a new organ on May 22nd 1912. The organ has been a ever present part of the church since, having been replaced or repaired since, for instance during Rev Tony Spring's time in the church huge funds were raised to repair the organ which was used for regular concerts.

Photograph, HGSFC16
Opening of new organ 1912
Related person/organisation
Early views of the free church
The Hampstead Garden Suburb Free Church, located in Central Square with St Judes Church and Henrietta Barnett School nearby. Set up in 1910 it has been active in the community for over a century.
Related Collection
Church Hall Northway
A collection of the photographs taken from the Free Church's display for its own centenary, dividing up the years by each different minister.
Related object
Norman Beard Organ 1925
The Norman Beard Organ is shown here in 1925, but it has been part of the church since 1912 and was rebuilt during Rev Tony Spring's ministry.