Tea House Northway

To display in FULL SCREEN hover the cursor over the image above ‚Äčand click the top left zoom button


This photo shows the Tea House on Northway, formerly in use by Suburb residents it was sold in 2009 by The Institute for private use. 

Photograph, HGSAT65
Tea House Northway
Related people/organisations
The Hampstead Garden Suburb Archives Trust is a registered charity, known as Suburb Archives. It is responsible for ensuring that the archives of the suburb are properly cared for and are accessible to all.

Opened in 1909 by Hernietta Barnett the Institute has been at the heart of the Suburb Community for over a century. Dame Henritta believed in the transformative social powers of education and an adult education provider such as The Institute.
Related Collection
Related object
This photo shows Mrs Kemp's Tea Rooms, the first shop was located on the corner of Northway and Market Place before World War One and the 1920s.