Old Hall Wing of Institute

To display in FULL SCREEN hover the cursor over the image above ‚Äčand click the top left zoom button


This photo is of the Old Hall Wing of the Institute, which was completed in September of 1911, two years after the initial building was opened. 

Photograph, HGSAT119
Old Hall Wing of Institute
Related people/organisations
[BLANK]
The Hampstead Garden Suburb Archives Trust is a registered charity, known as Suburb Archives. It is responsible for ensuring that the archives of the suburb are properly cared for and are accessible to all.

[BLANK]
Opened in 1909 by Hernietta Barnett the Institute has been at the heart of the Suburb Community for over a century. Dame Henritta believed in the transformative social powers of education and an adult education provider such as The Institute.
Related Collection
[BLANK]
Series of photos, documents and objects from the Archive Trust that pre date the First World War, in the first seven years of the Suburb. 
Related place