Charles Evelyn Simmons
Charles Evelyn Simmons, 1879-1952
Lived at: Wyldes Close (designed his own house ) Census 1911
- Assistant to Horace Field (1861-1948) from 1903 -1905.
- Also attended the Architectural Association in London.
- 1905-15 he formed a partnership with Field as Horace Field & Simmons.
- 1919 worked as an assistant in the Ministry of Health's Architects Department.
- Independent practice from 1919 onwards, first in Westminster, London, and from 1939, in Barnet.
- Co-designed St Ninian's Roman Catholic church Gretna with Courtney Crickmer; Chiswick Village; The White House, Downage, Hendon.
- Elected a Licentiate of the Royal Institute of British Architects (LRIBA) in 1911;
- Fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects (FRIBA), 1925; elected a member of the Architecture Club, 1924.